F.A.C.T.S. is founded on principles of promoting cultural diversity, sustainability, and social action throughout all stages of our business.
- F.A.C.T.S. supports the concept of cultural appreciation by introducing different everyday fashions from around the world to a wider audience, while preserving their cultural integrity through providing information on their cultural context. In an increasingly globalized world, we hope to mitigate negative effects of globalization by giving space to and exposing the creative expressions of different cultures and subcultures.
- F.A.C.T.S. strives to uphold principles of corporate social responsibility. We understand that our actions have an impact on our environment and those we interact with. We give back a significant percentage of our profits to our nonprofit partners and the communities of our contract laborers in order to promote local economies.
- In every area of our business, we aspire to work by Earth Democracy principles.
- We also believe in Fair Trade principles of worker autonomy and fair labor conditions. We make sure that our suppliers also abide by fair trade guidelines (see our eco-friendly guidelines below) in making their products.
- F.A.C.T.S. holds a strong conviction that lasting change on a macro-level cannot happen without grassroots community and individual support to uphold and keep it. Further, we understand that global interdependence is not just a reality, it is something that we cannot afford to ignore as we go about our everyday actions.
- We feel that the applied social sciences have a unique niche in helping to enable communities to mitigate the social issues that affect them. As social scientists (sociologist and anthropologist), we endeavor to fulfill our self-imposed duty to our communities, by offering our knowledge of and experience with social science tools, free of charge, to the communities with which we form business relationships.
F.A.C.T.S. Eco-friendly Guidelines:
- If the product is not recycled, the following is applicable:
- No animal testing.
- Only eco-friendly or “low-impact” dyes, as approved by the Global Organic Textile Standard.
- In all parts of the production and manufacturing process, no harmful chemicals can be used or produced.